Thursday, April 6, 2017

Patio Makeover Ideas I Need Your Help!

Patio Makeover Ideas I Need Your Help!


A couple of weeks ago, I shared some awesome small outdoor space ideas and I just cant shake the urge to get going on our little patio space now that the weather is cooperating :). Ive decided I want to make it into a casual hang-out area that can double as outdoor dining space on occasion. New furniture is definitely needed to make this place inviting and comfy though.

As is always the case around here, Im hoping to do this makeover on a tight budget and Ive found three affordable "conversation sets" (which is kind of a hilarious name in my book) for our patio. I think Im decided on what to get, but I want to throw them out there and get your opinion as well.

Here they are!

1 | Wood + White set from Bed Bath and Beyond ($249.00)
{Bed Bath and Beyond}
I love the simplicity and classic lines of this set. It seats four comfortably and has good reviews. The coffee table is a nice size to act as a dining table or ottoman and I like that its wood and not glass - it wont show as much of the yucky-ness that inevitably shows up on outdoor furniture! The cushions look a little thin, and I worry about them looking cheap over time since theyre white. Those are easily replaceable down the road though.

2 | "Shawmont" by Safavieh from All Modern ($434)

{All Modern}
This is the most expensive of the three, but I love the modern look and Im a big fan of the gray color. The "wicker" would be really low maintenance and easy to clean - all it would need is a quick spray down with a hose. The one con? Im not sold on the look of the coffee table in this set. Im not sure whats up with the legs/frame with the visible bolts.

3 | Garden Oasis "Freeman" from Sears ($386)
{Sears}
Navy and white is a fantastic combo! This set looks more expensive to me than it is and the "X" style on the chairs and coffee table is pretty unique from what Ive seen in my research. It looks really comfortable with those thick cushions. Like option number 2 though, Im not crazy about the coffee table. With the glass top and a second surface below - not to mention that its white - I worry about it showing a lot of dirt. I think it would work great on a covered porch, but maybe not so much on our patio thats exposed to all the elements.

What do yall think? Which is your favorite?

Hopefully Ill be back with an update on how the patio is looking in a few weeks!


Enjoy what you read today?  Enter your email address below to subscribe to May Richer Fuller Be!  Delivered by FeedBurner

Available link for download