Sunday, February 19, 2017

Patchwork Zipper Pouch

Patchwork Zipper Pouch


Zipper Pouch

Ive sewed up lots of things recently but
90% of those items are gifts that are still
in transit, so I cant show them here yet!
But I do have a few things Id like to
share with you today :D

Zipper Pouch

This is a simple patchwork zipper pouch
I just listed in my shop. I really like this
one because I specifically picked fabrics
that have been my favorite these days.

Zipper Pouch

I was so happy to discover that I had happened
to put strawberry prints next to each other.
It was totally unintentional, but it looks as if
I had planned! I love it when something like this happens ;)

Zipper Pouch

The lining is vintage fabric that I cut out from
an old pillow case. I definitely need one of
these pouches for myself! Im gonna sew one up tonight!



wip

Here is how the quilt project looks like for now.
I came up with 90 blocks total and yes indeed
it was such a fiddly, tedious work, but I really
enjoyed matching up fabrics and am really excited
about sewing them together to see what happens.



Zipper Pouch

This is a sneak peak of a cover for a musical
keyboard that I finished a few days ago.
I was asked to make the cover for a keyboard
that is 51" wide. I didnt realize how big of
a cover it was turning into until I actually started
making it. It made me feel like I was making a quilt
for a single bed and I felt good, haha ;)
I appliqued cutouts of animals from the Eric
Carle print onto the patchwork panel.
This is for a keyboard in Taiheis, a toddlers
room. Taihei is a big fan of animals, so
I could imagine him pulling this cover off the
keyboard, pointing out at each animal, and
making the sound of the animal. "Meow" So Cute.
Ill hopefully take a picture of the cover on the
keyboard and share it with you next time ;)




fabric

Oh and I wanted to show you some fabric stash
I purchased from this Japanese online fabric
shop called Cotton Crayon.

fabric

Arent these fabrics just so cute?!

fabric

I couldnt resist these fabrics!

fabric

So adorable..! I can think of tons and tons
of things to make with these fabrics :D


Oh as usual let me know that you came from here
when you snatch anything from my shop for a little gift ;)


Thank you for stopping by and reading a
long post! Have a great day!!





subscribe
Share|

Available link for download