Saturday, January 28, 2017

Painted!

Painted!


How was your weekend? Ours was nice and so busy! We spent it hanging out with friends and family, and also I did a lot of housework. As usual :)

Friday, when I came home from work, I painted our bedroom. I finished it in about 3 hours -- not too bad. I only did a second coat on two of the walls. I know- slacker. Im allowed to slack in my own house, right? Its not noticeable, so I didnt care. And -- I love the color! I know youre thinking, you always love the color, then paint it again in a few months. Which is true! And one reason I didnt pressure myself to do two coats everywhere. Hah!

Here are some pics! I used Valspars "Dove White". By the way, when did buying paint at Lowes get so expensive!? Might as well have gone to Benjamin Moore (which is what I usually do). The regular Valspar paint (one gallon in flat) was over $40?! Kind of crazy. And I bought a quart of a color in semi gloss that was almost $20, which is also what I pay for a quart of Aura paint at Ben Moore (My favorite paint ever that I always use). Not cool! Shock at the register. Oh well, I guess $40 for a huge change of vibe in a room isnt that big of a deal.



here are pics!


 photo 7F9185D2-D797-46C5-9A07-1D9E184FE097_zpsbr8vfiq8.jpg



I havent decided if Ill put curtains back up for now. I kind of like the bright warm white by itself.


 photo E8DA8411-F9D9-47DE-B737-4860A9D09D07_zps9mik4ulm.jpg





 photo 2557C42B-B96D-4B59-97D0-07EE7BEDE91C_zpsnxyki4wf.jpg





 photo 79D34166-E7C7-4468-808C-3E3D5214EB97_zps0qb4dghh.jpg



 photo 4E9E2624-4375-4E01-81D3-ADE0EED8F2EC_zpsry4ihdmk.jpg

yes, I bought a new comforter. Hehe. I went to IKEA to get curtain rod end caps, and came home with a new comforter and some straws. I guess thats how IKEA always works. Those darned weaving through the store techniques they make you do really work. But anyway, it was from IKEA so it barely counts. Ha! I think its really cute. I saw one at west elm that was really similar, but it was around $150 for just the duvet, and this was $50 for the duvet and the two pillows. 



I feel like dressing a king size bed is hard. Even if you have the right amount of pillows (which I dont in this photo), it always looks a little strange. I think queen size looks better but we do love having the king size! I love my bed. Anyway, I need to get one more euro sham, and maybe a long bolster instead of the little dinky looking pillows currently on the bed (but I do love those pillows). 


I love changing things up! I think I might put my blue and white bedskirt back on the bed (from anthro), too. Ever-evolving over here! 



____


this weekend, I helped a friend hang some artwork in her new house. So much fun. I love doing that stuff. I will share some photos of the progress tomorrow!




Available link for download