Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pet Peeves

Pet Peeves




A few weeks ago I found a collection of Chuck Jones animated shorts at Target. The collection included a short about Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, a mongoose who is adopted into a family and risks his life to protect them from two cobras living in the garden. Ive loved this short as a little girl and still find it inspiring today.
I originally began this illustration for the IF topic "garden" a few weeks back. Since Ive been swamped with all kinds of work lately, I havent had much time to finish it. I hope it works for the IF topic "Pet Peeves". The way I see it, the cobras (especially Nagina, who is pictured here) are Rikki-Tikkis pet peeves. And he is the family pet. The Pets Pet Peeves...
Anyhow, enjoy!

And as I mentioned before, stay tuned for some exciting developments later in the week! Have a great Wednesday!

Available link for download