Sunday, January 29, 2017

Patchwork Tsushin No 178

Patchwork Tsushin No 178


Ive done it again! I have never intended to neglect this blog, but it has been too long
 since I last came here and said hello! Thank you to all of you patient readers for putting up
 with this bad blogger! I have lots and lots of things I want to talk about, 
so I will have to get caught up in the span of a few blogposts. For today, 
let me talk a bit about Patchwork Tsushin No.178. 


This is the first issue of my one-year-long baby diary series. Along with my short diary
about Honoka, I have baby related projects and a paper-pieced block or two for every issue
which will be all put together to make a baby quilt in the end. 
It is still unbelievable to me my projects are in this amazing magazine. 
I feel so inadequate, but am enjoying this so much because I bet Honoka will have fun
seeing the series after she grows up!


I took this picture right after I finished this bib, and...


this is how she looks now. Yes, she is growing so fast!! I thought she was born just yesterday, 
but somehow she is almost half tall as me! How did that happen?? 


This set of a bib and a diaper cover was gifted to a friend who just had a baby. 
I used my bib pattern in the mag.

This Patchwork Tsushin issue is absolutely awesome. It features quilting stars like Suzuko Koseki and
Jacquie Gering. There are lots of large hexagon projects etc too! It is all in Japanese,
but it has a lot of step-by-step visual aids, and patterns are always at full size.

Patchwork Tsushin can be found at a Japanese bookstore like Kinokuniya if you have one in your neighborhood.
If not, check out superbuzzy, eQuilter, and Etsy.
I also sell some copies on Instagram when I receive the mag, which is usually 
around  the 21st of an even month. (I am "ayumills" on Instagram)
Feel free to write me email if you want to sign up for a subscription for the next five issues.

I will be back soon. This time, I mean it!!!

Hope you are having a lovely week :)

Available link for download