Saturday, April 1, 2017

Pinafore

Pinafore



Now that I work from home, its been somewhat difficult to find a balance amidst "it all." Its so easy to lose track of time when youre not counting down to the end of your shift. Its easy to get into a rut since its just you... by yourself... and only you to motivate yourself. Its easy to throw on the same pair of jeans and a tee every day. Lately Ive been trying to get out of the house at least twice a week, not counting events, shoots, time in the studio, et al. Its not too hard to get myself to go to a coffee shop (being cooped in my tiny apartment isnt fun) but believe it or not, getting dressed for the occasion has proved kinda difficult. Have I lost my je ne sais quoi?

Dont worry, Im just being a little overdramatic. Ive been using this new stage in my life to challenge myself. I have social anxiety thats often times crippling. Ive been making myself go to every event, soirée, and any other opportunity to meet new people and hand out business cards. I tend to wear the same few items of clothing all the time because of my various insecurities. Ive been trying to wear things I havent worn in a while, like this pinafore. ASOS gifted it to me last summer and I wore it exactly one time. (In this blog post, actually.) I dont know why I never wear it, because its kinda cute.

Heres to trying new things, no? This is just the beginning. There are many more to come.

xo,
e.m.

Pinafore (c/o ASOS, similar),  sweater, bag (similar), shoes (similar), necklace (similar), watch


***Photos by Danielle Conyers. Follow her on Instagram!


Available link for download