Monday, February 6, 2017

Pineapple Bathroom

Pineapple Bathroom


I finally was able to download the program that goes with my camera, so that I can edit and post "Real" photos of my work on here again. YAY. For some reason this makes me happy - I feel like my blog has not been "itself" for a little while, because of the lack of being able to edit my photos from my SLR camera. Anyway - Im back baby! (George Costanza style)


I took some photos of my little in-progress bathroom this morning. I love it so much! I am going to make a curtain today at some point. I found a great oatmeal colored linen in the $5/yard section at Joann Fabrics, along with some cute trim. Im just going to do another faux roman shade, I think. We wont be actually utilizing the up-down feature of a Roman shade, so theres not much of a point in having a real one made. All that to say - no curtain up yet, so the photos are a little blown out, but thats okay!


 photo IMG_1917_zps53b38ce5.jpg


Pineapple accent wall! I am so happy with how this turned out! It was so much more cost effective to draw a design on the wall than to buy wallpaper (was going to have to get two rolls at $175/roll just for this one wall. Plus the cost of having it hung wasnt cheap. I considered it, but ultimately Im happy with my decision, plus I think it represents me and my work better.)


 photo IMG_1918_zps5181b3d3.jpg


 photo IMG_1935_zps42f53658.jpg


 photo IMG_1934_zps1f1a76d6.jpg
details of my pineapple design. its not a pattern -- I was trying to stay away from a pattern, because I didnt want to have to measure :) I do enough of that with my work! I just loosely based it on a general pattern, and went to down with my Sharpie Paint pen.


I think the gold will correspond really well with my Triple7Recycled sconces that shipped yesterday (WOO) and hopefully will be installed next week or so.


across from the toilet-accent wall is the sink. 


 photo IMG_1919_zpsa98896d9.jpg

I love the wooden countertop with the matte black walls. They look so pretty together, along with the concrete sink! I also really like my new circular mirror. It was from Wayfair. (But I found it on I dont understand how these things work.)


 photo bathroom1_zpscabf2cbb.jpg


 photo IMG_1921_zps25ec9543.jpg

I got that little basket at a thrift store recently, and found the cool neon pink candle at Ross. It smells like watermelon Bubbleyum gum. Mmmm.



 photo IMG_1922_zps7a30d807.jpg

And, I hung a towel holder that I actually bought last year on a trip to DC at The Brass Knob. Its a vintage piece and I loved it so much, but wasnt sure where I wanted to hang it. It is PERFECT with the green wall and I love a little distressed aspect, mixed in with the modern and girly elements of the room.

 photo IMG_1927_zps6d718511.jpg
It was hard to get a picture of it against the black wall, but you can see the rustiness here)

I found that white and black towel at Ross for $6. Better than the $18 Pottery Barn one that I almost got!


I cant wait to get the sconces up, and make/hang the new Roman shade. Oh! And I ordered a rug from Urban Outfitters. (I think I have a rug buying problem. Jordan would agree)

Available link for download