Friday, March 24, 2017

Patchwork Fun

Patchwork Fun


blog1

Thank you for many lovely comments for my
previous post ;) It makes a big difference
for me to know that someone like you come
to visit my blog. Thank you! Thank you!

I have a couple of patchwork projects
I want to share with you today.

blog2

Some of you may recall that I was working on
the quilt. This is how it looks like so far.
Remember I told you that I had 90 blocks for it?
I reduced them to 49 blocks, just because it
looked unbearably busy when laid 90 blocks
out on the floor. I think it is still too busy
but who knows.. A miracle might happen when I
have a wide sashing around those 49 blocks, right?
Im keeping my fingers crossed...!

Salt 50lbs block

This is a little patchwork project I worked on.
I used a pattern in
Kumiko Fujitas Patchwork
Pattern 318
. Its supposed to be a cute
little basket with a set of jam, but since
I picked the word salt and 50lb. It looks more
like a yacht with big salt bins that just
arrived at the dock or something. lol.

Block for Kerry

Here is a block I made for Kerry as a part
of Ringo Pie patchwork bee. The theme for her
was "collecting/hoarding" I decided on milk cartons
to reflect on my hoarding problem with them. Before
I got into this sewing world, I was crazy
about making soap, which I might have mentioned
too many times here by now. lol, Anyways,
this is to showcase my milk cartons with
some soap on the right side. (The top one
is wrapped up and ready to go!)

milk cartons

No I dont have milk cartons in different
languages, but it would be really cool if I did!
The one on the left side is supposed to be
Japanese strawberry milk. The middle one is
a Swedish word for milk. (Once again, I am
pretending to know European language!)
And the one on the right is clearly, 2% milk.
Why 2%? I was really surprised when I first
saw 2% or fat free milk in America for the
first time. It didnt make sense to me, since
you cant find milk that is that low in fat
in Japan. So to me, adding 2% to the milk
carton increases American-ness, therefore,
the diversity in this block. I am not sure
if Swedish milk is sold in cartons, but
lets say it probably is for this purpose. lol.

Thank you for stopping by again ;)
I hope you have a lovely day!



Available link for download