Thursday, March 23, 2017

Parent Communication Logs Sweet Surprise

Parent Communication Logs Sweet Surprise



Happy Sunday all!  Im so excited my COWBOYS won!  My hubbys happy too so its a sweet day.  Im stopping by today to explain how I communicate with my parents.  I have been using this system 
for the last few years and its a great way to communicate with parents!




I grab a few of these each and every year.  They are so easy.  You can check them out here on   They are so inexpensive!



So let me walk you through how I use these.  I use these to let parents know how their child is doing in class.  I will send it home if a child is being chatty or if he/she is having a fabulous day.  Its a great way to keep parents updates on what their child is up too in the classroom.


This is a fake note.  But just a glimpse of what a sheet looks like.  So what I love about this is that it has  2 parts.  There is a white copy for the parents, and then a carbon copy right under that is a duplicate of the note your sending home.  


This is important because you get to keep the copy you sent home and remember that you want the original copy signed. 


 The past few years, I have just been stuffing the notes in a drawer, completely unorganized and I would always forget if a parent signed it or not.  Typical me. LOL But this year I realized I could store it in an accordion little pocket like the one above.  I labeled the inside with the different marking periods so I know exactly what notes I sent and what quarter.  Definitely important for when you have IEP meetings and parent conferences.



If you see I already start storing my notes for the first quarter.  I had to chop off my thumb in this picture.  Havent gotten a mani in about a month.  God my nails are just terrible right now.  LOL Moving on…. Im excited to be a bit more organized this year with parent notes.  Phew!  LOL 

How do you communicate with parents?  Id love to hear your ideas as well!



***********************

So just for giggles,  as some of ya guys knows, I recently got married and moved to a house.  As I am unpacking,  and yes if your wondering, no i didnt do my packing… my mom did.  LOL So I have no clue what the woman was packing.  She really wanted me to go, I was finding things that I havent seen in years, actually over a decade.  LOL  SO I stumbled upon my JUNIOR PROM dress!  Yes! WHAT! I was shocked, giggled a few times and then thought, why not?  Lets give it a go and try it on!  If your wondering how old I am… Im 29.  So this is 12 years old.  Makes me laugh so hard that I found this… well here it is!


Yes thats me posing! I felt great still fitting in it. LOL I am now on a mission to find an actual picture of me in this dress in my youngin days!  Stay tuned.  



post signature

Available link for download